Hot JobsHot Jobs is a free, on-line tool for employers to use to recruit. If you don’t have the time, money or staff, let us post your positions on National & State Job Banks and spread the word through the most popular social media outlets. It’s easy: just take a couple of minutes to give us your job details and put us to work for you! You can copy/paste your job description into the form. Fill out the Hot Jobs form online.
How Can We Help You Meet Your Business Needs?
- Computerized Job Matching/Job Search Tools
- Veterans Employment and Training Services
- Employer Tax Credit Information
- On-the-Job Training Funds
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Other Training Funds
- Labor Market Information
- Human Resource Consultants
Business Services Contact
Business Services and Training Manager
Chemung Schuyler Steuben
Workforce New York
P: (607) 238-5730 ext. 1113
F: (607) 654-0437
Access to Training Funds...
Strategic Talent Management Planning...
Priority of Service for Veterans - A low-income veteran or eligible spouse of a veteran will be given priority for all system services. For details please refer to the Priority of Service Policy on the Training Services page.
Labor Law Information
The employee's rate or rates of pay;
The overtime rate of pay, if the employee is subject to overtime regulations;
The basis of wage payment (per hour, per shift, per week, piece rate, commission, etc.)
Any allowances the employer intends to claim as part of the minimum wage including tip, meal, and lodging allowances;
The regular pay day;
The employer's name and any names under which the employer does business (DBA);
The physical address of the employer's main office or principal place of business and, if different, the employer's mailing address;
The employer's telephone number.
CSS WF NY Training Opportunities
Training Opportunities for Businesses located in Chemung, Schuyler & Steuben Counties
- New Hire On-the-Job Training
- Employed Worker On-the-Job Training
- Customized Training
For detailed information, please refer to the Training Opportunities tab.
Please click here to review the process.
Form #2 - NYS Responsibility Questionnaire
Grant Opportunities for Businesses
Metrix Learning Program & Forms
- Metrix PP Presentation for Businesses click here
- Basic Individual Intake Package click here and attach one form of I.D. (driver's license, passport or birth cert most common)
- Metrix Renewal Form click here at 90/days if you would like to renew for one more/final license
- To review the Metrix SkillsSoft Course Catalog click here
- To review the Medcom Course Catalog click here
- Interested in having an employee obtain a Certification, review the Certification Exam Price List by clicking here
- Utilize our Certification Request Form by clicking here and view our Supportive Services Policy by clicking here
Local Economic Development Agencies
Southern Tier Economic Development Council (http://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/content/southern-tier)
Steuben County IDA (http://www.steubencounyida.com)
Southern Tier Regional Planning and Development Board (http://www.stcplanning.org)
Southern Tier Network (http://www.southerntiernetwork.org/)
Schuyler County Partnership for Economic Development (SCOPED) (http://flxgateway.com/)
Local Training Providers
- Corning Community College
- GST BOCES
- Elmira College
- Empire State College
- Elmira Business Institute
- Alfred State College
- Alfred University
- JET, Inc.
- Alliance for Manufacturing & Technology
- Ithaca College
- Binghamton University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Jamestown Community College